Walt created this magical place in 1955 and of all the things he promised, one was was that it would never be complete. Well now, seemingly more than ever, we're seeing these changes take place in this holy Mecca we call Disneyland so we thought it would be fun to keep a running tally of projects currently underway and rumors of futures yet to be! Here we go...
- Pixar-themed fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” (April 13, 2018)
- Star Wars Land: Galaxy's Edge - Did you read that?! STAR! WARS! LAND! (2019)
- Tropical Hideaway will replace Aladdin's Oasis between Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise and, like Blue Bayou, you'll be able to see and interact with riders (TBD)
- Pixar Pier. Yep! This is the BIG one! You probably know about it but here goes the list: Incredicoaster replaces California Screamin', an Inside-Out-inspired neighborhood (please be Goofball Island), and Mickey's Fun Wheel will be getting a paint job (April 23, 2018)
- "Paint the Night" returns! Yassssssssss (April 13, 2018)
- Pixar Shorts Film Festival, will showcase some of our faves, “For the Birds” and “Lava” at the Sunset Showcase Theater (April 13, 2018)
- The Lamplight Lounge will replace the iconic Cove Bar (I'm not crying, you're crying!) but you'll still be able to get your Lobster Nachos and seemingly any kind of boozy concoction you can image. OH! And you'll be able to enjoy WoC from there so... We're stoked! (June 23, 2018)